Monday, February 25, 2013

New work

Chipping away, here is the newest painting. Pretty happy overall, but the rock in the background behind her bother me, I have to give them more detail despite the fact in the photo they are lit up by the sun, and there is little detail. I'll have to proceed a little differently. And I made her hands and foot bigger. I drew them too small last time. I am very happy with her skin tones though. It's takes a long time to get this stuff down. A friend of mine mentioned how my last two paintings seemed several steps above what I have done. I'm trying for this American Portrait society competition so I'm reaching for the stars here. I getting pretty tired too. After next week, I'm giving the portraits a break. Shoo! Oh, and I also started another painting tonight despite still working on this one. I'll talk more aboot that later. Have fun everyone!

No comments: