Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Animals!


Jesus said we were not to call attention to our charitable acts and things like this, but some times I think it's actually a good idea. I donated two paintings to be auctioned off for the Scott County Humane Society. Not because I'm a great guy, but because I want to get this auction mentioned and if anyone ever wanted to buy my art, get these because 100% of the moneys goes to the shelter. Not me. The welfare of critters is something that is really important to me, especially shelter animals. In most shelters they face death and the only crime they have committed is being born. As a society I think we really should undo this method of animal control. There are several things people can do, but the first act is trying. Volunteer or, donate, and most of all get your pets fixed. Anyway, I decided to donate Drawing Nearer. It won the People's Choice award at the Art of the Highlands exhibit, so this may be one that will do well at then Auction. The painting above it is Autumn ?Days to Come. I'll post more aboot the Auction later. Cheers!

No comments: