Sunday, October 14, 2012

As Mountians Whisper

Here is a pic of the finished painting, As Mountains Whisper. I consider myself a Kentucky Painter, but I do sometimes paint the Tennessee Smokies. So that's my guilty admission. Actually, I did live for a few years in Memphis Tennessee as a kid, so I do consider myself, at least, part Tennessean. Even though the Smokey Mountains are in the other side of the state, I feel oddly at home in Tennessee, When you lose a parent like I lost my Father in 2010, you look for things from your childhood, when both your parents were young and healthy. I hate death and aging and all that mess. Anyway, this is a small painting that I will probably take to Frankfort sometime this week. I'll let you know more as things happen with that. And I've already drew two pictures from the photo shoot the other day. It went really well. I'm learning how to take better pictures for painting, and used that knowledge well, my wife Malissa came along and helped and did a great job, and the model, Britney, she's just great, I could never say enough good things about her. I'm really wanting to get to a new level in my paintings and I hope you being seeing those real soon.

No comments: