Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Newest Artwork Update

Well, here is the update on this work. I was going to post this last night, but we had a tornado problem here in Kentucky. Thankfully we are fine, but if you have watched the news today you know the story. Anyway, I have the color blocked in, now I just have to brighten some parts and darken others. Maybe blend some color to make it look smoother. I have debated removing the large rock in the middle. If I remove it, I could make more leaves and it won't be so rock heavy. I could also make some cool rhythmical patterns with the leaves. On the other hand, it does exist in the photo and maybe I should live up to the challenge of making it interesting. I think it might look better if I darken the green on the rock. The green now may be too bright. I'll also have to make the rocks in the background more contrasted, it all looks like one big rock. Oddly, this is the most nerve racking part for me. I like what I got, I don't want to mess it up. Wish me luck and take care!

No comments: