Sunday, August 7, 2011

Exhibit in Danville Ky


Hey everyone, sorry I've been gone for a bit. I had to travel some last week to take care of some family issues. Ok, me and my wife each had a cousin to pass away and we needed to attend the funerals. But anyway, I thought I'd share some pics from the gallery in Danville that is currently showing me, The Maple Tree Gallery. Go there, it's a nice place. Danville is also a real nice town, and I sold four paintings last Fall at a coffee shop (The Hub) across the street. The manager, Julie, was really great about letting me show here and I also like any woman named Julie because that's my little cat's name. There are some other painters here, one is David Farmer, and he's is a big name down around here. I think it took him like 12 years before he sold well enough to do it for a living. I've talked to him a few times, but not enough to ask for advise. I'm in my eighth year, but I do sell a lot better than I used to, so that's encouraging when I think about it. I should have another painting up this week. I took a pic, and then found a mistake, so I need to fix it. I'm also about to visit my first Artistic love....Color Pencil!

No comments: