Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Painting


Hi all! Well this painting didn't take me too long. It's titled Watching the Trees Sway. It's another painting based on the photos from the Anglin Falls area. It's a wonderful place to paint. All the big trees and rocks and the falls itself! I put a pic in here to show how I block off areas for trees so I can paint the sky and leaves around them. This makes things go faster and look more realistic. You have probably seen this before from painting books, but now you have seen it from me. I used masking tape, but if you do this, lay the tape on your shirt so as to make it a little less sticky, other wise it may hold too strong to your painting surface and not tear off right or pull away some of the paint you have already laid down. You can also get some of the lent and cat hairs off your shirt with this method too:) Everyone take care and have fun!

No comments: