Sunday, August 31, 2008

Next Work


Hey! Here's my next piece. Actually, I took that pic last night before working on it. After some work I also did tonight I'm pretty much done with it. You can see how I haven't done the figure yet. Sometimes I do it first and other times I do it last. I've had four years of Art training and I don't really remember the recommended way of doing it.
I really think the thing to really do is whatever works for you, and for me there seems to be a "feel good" mood where I can make no mistakes and paintings just fall together. I really like to stay there. A teacher once told me every painting should be a struggle. I would rather them be a challenge, yet be a joy. Try do something a little different or better than last time, but have fun too. I see paintings like puzzles and I like to see how they are going to look once they are done. That's part of the joy. Everyone take care and have fun!

No comments: