Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Big and round!

I figured I would post another artwork form Cliff's Art History. I used to paint on round wood table tops I'd buy at Home Depot years ago. They quit carrying them. I tried to find similar surfaces to work on, but I never found anything I liked as much so I quit. These were two feet across but a little heavy. This one sold on line back in 2007 or 2008. The shipping costs ate a lot of the profits, but it was still good to get my work bought and out there. This one is titled Awaiting the Sign and is based on a Color Pencil piece by the same title. That Color Pencil piece was juried and accepted in an International Exhibit in Seattle. That actually turned into a nightmare, but I won't go into that here. I'll just say sometimes shipping can really go wrong.

No comments: