Saturday, July 13, 2013

Space!

This is a Color Pencil piece I did years ago titled Celestial Traveler. I still need to frame sometime. I did this in my Space Art phase. It was really fun, but after a few years, I said all I had to say as far as making Space Art went. I was once part of a Space Art group. They liked my work and juried me in. As time went by, I got hit by people who didn't liked that every star wasn't placed exactly how it should be in relation to certain Planets and things. Some of these people, as I found out, were scientist and former Astronauts. Really, Astronauts. Can't argue with them. So I quit the group and later stopped painting space. It's OK now, I'm having fun doing what I do now. But really, to knit pick over where stars should be in relation to Earth in a painting. Seems a little much.

No comments: