Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shamtic Conjuring

When I was taking drawing classes at UK, I was trying to think of what to do with the Figure drawings I did during class. I was still painting planets at that time and wanting to slide over to working with the figure and landscape, but wasn't sure how to make it all work. This was the first step in doing that. These were black and white pencil drawing I did of models and transferred them with tracing papers onto Black matboard. I pulled out the Color Pencils and came up with this. This one really got me going. I still have it, I don't show it anymore. I just decided to keep it, it means a lot to me. Now I try to stay more realistic, but then I wanted to convey meaning. The meaning of God, the Universe, our Spiritual relationships with Nature, the Planet, everything. That was great but I remember hiking many times thinking, "I want to paint this"! Now I do, but it's great to look at the past and see how I got to where I am now.

No comments: