Thursday, September 13, 2012

Inspiration_Thomas Mcknight

I'm doing some things this week and I can't post the drawings I"ve been working on , but I got some good ones. Two of which will be used for a Halloween show I hope to get it to, so stay tuned. So for now I want to show an artist that really inspired me in the late 90's. I worked a Paper route (Don't do it, trust me) before class and afterward I'd eat at the McDonald's on Richmond road and eat breakfast. They have these prints of Thomas Mcknight and I just love them. Well, sadly now they are faded. I used to want them badly though. His kind of art is not what I want to do, but the kind I want to buy. I love to look at what he does. He learned his style while living in Greece when he was young and it worked for him. A few years ago though he was sued by a gallery for a million dollars. I think he won, but I thought,"Wow, he's worth enough to even be sued for a million"?! Oddly, even that inspired me. http://thomasmcknight.com/

No comments: