Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lady of the Valley


I finally got this one done. I was happy with the original drawing, but I could not recreate it on the painting surface. I use tracing paper to get my drawings onto the painting surface but for some reason, it would not work out on this one. I even painted the face white and started all over. Usually paintings aren't this hard but I'm very happy with the end result. My drawing which you can see a few posts back looks like the photo. The photo was taken in a way where it's a nice photo, but doesn't look like the model as much as I would like. In having to redo this, I got the semblance of the model more than the photo. I know her well, and I guess the drawing of the photo which didn't completely look like her bothered me. And this is a tall painting, so I had to work on her sideways, as that I do not like easels, but instead work with my paintings flat on a bar stool. We all have our own little ways. As for the Title, I was listening to the White Lion song Lady of the Valley and liked the connection in my mind between the painting and the song. Everyone tale care and have fun!

No comments: