Friday, July 25, 2008

The Scout


Well, here is the finished piece, titled The Scout. Is she a tracker, what is she scouting for? Water, shelter, food, or a place of mediation and spiritual awakening? I meant it to be the last, but you can interpret it away you would like. This is the largest painting I've done in a while, it's 2x3 feet in size. I guess since the last entry I added some details, most notably the fallen branches in the southeast corner of the painting. I wanted something there other than all that black. The more details the better. If you were to go to this area ( the anglin falls) or even your own back yard and look at a square foot on the ground, you will see all kinds of details. Bugs, little plants, sticks, bones, coins, tracks. Nature is full of detail, and for the sake of a painting, it's just a lot of fun to add as many of them as I can without going insane.
My Ebay Auctions

No comments: