Tuesday, May 27, 2008

As the Leaves Fell She Wept

Well, I finished my piece titled As the Leaves Fell She Wept. Two weeks ago we did a modeling session with this great model. She is one of those people who impresses you more and more every time you meet them, both as a person and a model. Anyway, I haven't done much from up above pics like this. When I took the picture I was only eight feet above her or so standing on a large rock, but this looks much higher to me and I like the effect.
I have been doing paintings of another model for about the last year and she is great too, but this will give me a chance to do someone a little different and with a darker skin tone. I had practically memorized the other girl's skin tone, so this will be a change. The hair color is more reddish brown, where the other one has really dark brown hair, so this will be a new challenge too. I guess I should start on another painting so everyone have fun and take care!
Oh, and I made this little phrase about this painting "The scene is of a model sitting while remembering the summer days that brought her so much joy, but now she feels the day, and the warmth of the season slip away. Will her joy continue to slip away as the darkness comes and the season changes? Or will she embrace the darkness and cold to thrive in a different season of nature? I bet the latter"! http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmalissa0

No comments: