Monday, March 17, 2008

Dancing Light

Hey! I finally finished this one. It's a color pencil piece I've been working on for a while. The size is about 18 x 12 inches, a lot smaller than I am used to. This was done from another photo taken at the Anglin Falls, but this time with a different model. Actually, I haven't done much work with her in a while, but I will soon and I am looking forward to it. She's a great model and a great person. I did the sketch of her a year or so ago and dropped her into this scene. I had a blast with the composition of the piece, but the lighting was a bit to work out. Hey, as all things in life worth doing, it's a learning experience. I also had a time trying to make the reflecting light on the cliff face behind her look right. That's a new one, I usually just avoid those, but this time I went for it. Light sneaking down between the leaves is so abstract yet you know it when you see it bouncing off a rock wall. I like what I got but I will certainly do more in the future and get it down. You guys take care and have fun!

No comments: