Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cliffsart History

Here is a piece of Cliff's Art history. I did this painting in 2000 titled, a New Creation. Sounds stupid but it was the best I could come up with at the time. It was actually for my First painting class at UK. I was glad my teacher, Jim Foose, would allow me to pursue Space as a subject. Later I entered it in a Space Art competition in Piqua Ohio. At the college there. I spent $130 or so shipping it up there, my car wasn't doing great at the time, and the painting is 18 by 72 inches in size. I won an honorable mention and got $25 dollars. I also got a call from someone wanting to buy it, and then they backed out. That was my first to be followed by MANY other back outers. It was my first exhibit experience, and alll and all, kind of neat. Funny thing is, I still have this painting, but I'm not sure what room it's in even though it's huge. Take care and have fun!

No comments: