Thursday, January 17, 2013

Venus? No, not really.

Alright, this may look brutal, but her arm was too short and slightly at the wrong angle. The hand is way off. One of my pet peeves is that I can't always see the flaws in my drawings even though I look for them..hard! Color helps me see for some reason. I've been told to look in a mirror to catch flaws, but it just looks like a backwards drawing to me. So this is not my version of a Venus painting or anything like that. I feel like once the arm is straightened out (a funny word play since the arm is a little too bent)) things will really take shape. This is at the Tom Dorman Nature Sanctuary in Garrard County by the way, a very nice place to hike if you ever want. Just Google it, you'll get the directions. About 40 minutes South of Lexington off 27. everyone take care and have fun!

No comments: