Monday, January 5, 2009

New Painting


Overlooking Jessamine-this is my newest piece. The last piece did not work out the way I was hoping, but I will explain more of that in another posting. The reason this is called Overlooking Jessamine is because the Robin was setting on an Overlook in Garrard County looking at Jessamine County across the Kentucky River. This is an Acrylic piece on board. I struggle sometimes with her skin tone, being she is very tan, but when I get it right it is worth it. She a great model. In the original picture the trees almost completely hide the hill you are seeing so I left out a few trees. I thought about leaving them out all together, but I thought a happy medium was best. I also added in those Turkey feathers, I just love the way they look. Everyone have fun!

No comments: