Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Current work


Hey there. I thought I'd just show what I am currently working on. At the top you see the painting I'm working on, you can see the drawn, but not yet painted girl by the tree. This is coming together pretty well and I'm having fun with it.
The bottom painting is actually a re-working of the color pencil piece I posted on March 30th. It was just one of those pieces where it didn't look that good. I was following the colors of the photo, it didn't work right, so I just used colors out of my imagination, and it still didn't work out. I decided to try it as a painting and I was happier with it. I wasn't sure about the owl though. I was trying to keep a mystical feel to the piece, I thought it might help.
Once during a full moon, or close to full, I was sitting in my yard and an owl came and sat about 3 or 4 feet away from me. A friend of mine told me there was probably something spiritual or mystical happening. I don't know, but it was pretty cool. Either way, this piece isn't fully done yet, you can still see some of my pencil marks, but I'm close. Just thought I'd show it. Everyone take care and have fun!

No comments: